Friday, May 15, 2009

There are two absolute quality mixes this edition.  I find myself just going back and forth between each one all day long.



 

Blockhead - BTTB mix 

 

I don't have a track list for this but I do not apologize.  This mix is a super eclectic mix of off cheek remixes and smooth jazzy hip-hop beats.  The beats pop and flow so effortlessly throughout the entire mix and an imaginative and surprising use of a wide span of instruments and sounds continually brings a smile to my face throughout the entire listen.  This music is fantastic sunny afternoon music.  I think the "Brown Glory" song that plays at 25:00 is particularly beautiful.  

 

Right click - save as

 

 

Ramadanman - Applepips Podcast

 

This mix is just strait up awesome in everyway.  It's chocked full exciting future beats dripping with warm (crawl inside the speaker) bass.  Ramadanman has mastered the art of flowing back and forth between house, techno and dubstep without missing a beat.  Pulsating rhythms and percussion give this music a strong chugging feeling that really gets you anticipating the banging dubstep that takes the set out.  If anyone is looking for a good representation of my favorite style of music, this set sums it up pretty well.

 

http://www.cityclouds.de/uploads/appleblim_2009-04-10_Ramadanman.mp3

No comments:

Post a Comment